- Report a Repair
- Repairs Availability
- Details of Repair
- Repair Priorities
- Repairs Handbook
- Condensation and Damp
There are a number of ways for you to request non-urgent repairs.
|Method||How to Report|
0115 917 7777 - Option 2
Our normal service hours are Monday to Thursday 8:30am – 5:00pm, and Friday 8:30am - 4:30pm.
Emergency repairs will be carried out outside of these hours. Full details of emergency repairs can be found on our Emergency Out of Hours Repairs webpage.
When reporting a repair, it is important that you help the Repairs Team to provide an efficient service by supplying as much detail as possible. Please try to include:
- The address of the property
- Your name and whether you are the tenant of the property
- Times you will be at home, even if the work required is outside the property
- If you would prefer a morning or afternoon appointment
- Contact number
- Specific details of the repairs you are requesting
Providing this information will help with the diagnosis and speed of repairs.
All repairs are given a priority, which allows us to effectively manage the Housing Repairs Service. The Customer Services team will diagnose the repair during the call with the tenant to ensure that the correct category is assigned.
The Council utilise the following 6 repairs categories:
- Emergency X – Attend and make safe within 4 hours where possible
- Emergency A – Attend and complete within 1 working day
- Urgent B – Attend and complete within 3 working days
- Urgent C – Attend and complete 7 working days
- Routine D – Attend and complete within 20 working days
- Planned E – Repair will be carried out as part of a planned maintenance programme and will be completed within 1 year or as part of a programme of planned works
Some jobs (e.g. requests for major works or damp related issues) may require a pre-inspection to establish the extent of the works before the appointment is confirmed.
The repair priority will be reviewed for tenants with additional care and support needs and an additional priority can be agreed.
Full details of the Council’s Repairs service, including details of specific Repairs issues such as gas and electricity safety, heating and defining boundaries and responsibilities, can be found in our Repairs Handbook (PDF) (1.37 MB.) (Opens in a New Window)
For any Condensation and Damp issues please refer to our handy leaflet: Condensation and Damp Leaflet (PDF) (418.6KB) (Opens in a new Window).