Pests and Infestations

Information on dealing with pests and infestations in the Borough of Broxtowe.

Broxtowe Borough Council do not provide a pest control service.

If your property or business is currently infested with pests like rats or cockroaches, it is recommended that you use a pest control professional to help eradicate the problem. Tenants of any rented properties should contact their landlord for support.

If you wish to treat a pest infestation yourself, please follow the advice of the British Pest Control Association on their A to Z of Pests. (Opens in a New Window)

Finding a Pest Control Professional

The British Pest Control Association (BPCA)(Opens in a New Window) or National Pest Technicians Association (NPTA)(Opens in a New Window) are two of the most respected trade associations for pest control. We recommend that any professionals you hire to help remove any infestations should come from one of these organisations.

Find a BPCA Pest Control Company (Opens in a New Window)

Cash-Back Scheme

Residents of Broxtowe who have a pest control problem with rats or mice in their home and are on a form of benefits may be able to claim up to £50 back on the cost of a completed pest control treatment.

Complete the Cash-Back Scheme Form (.pdf) (39.59KB) (Opens in a New Window)

Please note that only one application per property per calendar year will be considered.