- Planning Applications: View, comments and decision
Planning Applications: View, comments and decision
Please read our Disclaimer before using the Planning Search Engine.
Viewing Planning Applications
You can view all planning applications via our Planning search engine. (Opens in a New Window)
Find out about a planning decision
You can find out about planning decisions in the following ways:
- View the planning application via our Planning search engine to see the current status of the application
- You'll be automatically informed about the decision of any planning application you made comments on
- You can sign up to our weekly planning register (Opens in a New Window) list to receive an email alert of decisions each week
Comment on Planning Applications
If you would like to comment on a planning application follow these steps:
- Check the application documents, which can be found via our Planning search engine
- Once you have found the correct planning application, choose to view 'Further Information'
- Select the 'Comment On This Application' button
- Select the 'Comment' form, where you can leave your views
What can be taken into account
- Compliance with national or local planning policies
- Loss of privacy
- Loss of daylight/sunlight
- Noise/smell and disturbance from the proposal
- Traffic generation and access
- Economic benefits
What can't be taken into account
- Impact on property values
- Boundary or other legal disputes
- Loss of view
- Restrictive covenants
- Commercial competition between traders
- Possible damage to property caused by building work
- Access for maintenance
- Matters of decency or taste
Can comments be sent by post?
Yes, but commenting through our website is easy and avoids the postage costs
Will all comments be publicly viewable on the website?
No - comments are not currently uploaded to our website but enquirers are entitled to view them and make copies of them - your comments cannot be kept confidential
How long do the public have to comment on an application?
Normally this will be 3 weeks from the start date of the publicity. If you receive a letter from us, a date will be stated, the deadline for comments will also be displayed on our website alongside the details of the application.