- Awsworth Neighbourhood Plan
- Awsworth Neighbourhood Plan
- Bramcote Neighbourhood Plan
- Brinsley Neighbourhood Plan
- Chetwynd: Toton and Chilwell Neighbourhood Plan
- Cossall Neighbourhood Plan
- Eastwood Neighbourhood Plan
- Greasley Neighbourhood Plan
- Kimberley Neighbourhood Plan
- Nuthall Neighbourhood Plan
- Stapleford Neighbourhood Plan
Awsworth Neighbourhood Plan
Awsworth Neighbourhood Plan Referendum – 10 June 2021
A referendum will be held on Thursday 10 June 2021 on the Neighbourhood Plan for Awsworth. The question to be asked in the referendum will be: “Do you want Broxtowe Borough Council to use the Neighbourhood Plan for Awsworth to help it decide planning applications in the neighbourhood area?”
The referendum will be conducted based on procedures which are similar to those used at local government elections.
The Borough Council is required to make certain documents available throughout the referendum period.
All of these documents are available to view or download on this website page below. As a result of COVID-19, Broxtowe Borough Council has reviewed its protocols regarding referendums and in order to progress safely, the Borough Council has made a decision that hard copies of the Neighbourhood Plan and associated documents may be viewed by appointment only at Parish Council offices and at the Borough Council offices. Hard Copies of the documents may be viewed at the following locations by appointment only:
Awsworth Parish Council
Awsworth Village Hall
61, The Lane
Contact details to make an appointment:
Telephone: 0115 944 1839 (Please ask for the ‘Clerk’)
Broxtowe Borough Council Offices
Contact details to make an appointment:
Telephone: 0115 917 7777 (Please ask for ‘Planning Policy’)
The specified documents are:
- The draft Awsworth Neighbourhood Plan(.pdf)(7MB)(Opens in new window)
- Awsworth Neighbourhood Plan Policies Map(.pdf)(2MB)(Opens in new window)
- The report of the Independent Examiner(.pdf)(1MB)(Opens in new window)
- A summary of the representations submitted to the Independent Examiner(.pdf)(32MB)(Opens in new window)
- A statement by Broxtowe Borough Council in its role as Local Planning Authority that the draft Neighbourhood Plan meets the basic conditions(.pdf)(384KB)(Opens in new window)
- A statement which sets out general information as to Town and Country Planning and the referendum(.pdf)(162KB)(Opens in new window)
- Information Statement(.pdf)(Opens in new window)
- Notice of Referendum(Opens in new window)
Documents relating to the Awsworth Neighbourhood Area designation, Awsworth Neighbourhood Plan consultations, Independent Examination and Broxtowe Borough Council Jobs and Economy Committee meeting on 25 March 2021 can be found on this website page further below.
For more information about voting and the arrangements for the referendum, please contact Electoral Services on 0115 917 3276 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
For further information in relation to the Awsworth Neighbourhood Plan, other Neighbourhood Plans or the Neighbourhood Plan process, please contact the Council’s Planning Policy Team at email@example.com or by telephoning the Council on 0115 917 7777. Please ask for the ‘Planning Policy Team’.
Neighbourhood Area Designation:
- September 2015 – Awsworth Parish Council submit Neighbourhood Area Application (.pdf) (77.7KB) (Opens in a New Window) to designate the Parish of Awsworth as a Neighbourhood Area (.pdf) (210KB) (Opens in a New Window) (as shown on the plan) to Broxtowe Borough Council.
- December 2015 – Broxtowe Borough Council approve (.pdf) (207KB) (Opens in a New Window) Neighbourhood Area application following a 6 week consultation.
Neighbourhood Plan Submission
Awsworth Parish Council has submitted its proposed Neighbourhood Plan to Broxtowe Borough Council.
A public consultation on the Neighbourhood Plan Proposals ran between Monday 10th February 2020 and Friday 10th April 2020 (extended as a result of Covid-19). Redacted responses received to this (Regulation 16) consultation have been published on our website. The Neighbourhood Plan and related documents can be viewed below:
- Awsworth Neighbourhood Plan(.pdf)(19MB)(Opens in new window);
- Awsworth Neighbourhood Plan Policies Map(.pdf)(4MB)(Opens in new window);
- Map of the area covered by the Neighbourhood Plan(.pdf)(208KB)(Opens in new window);
- Notice of the Consultation(.pdf)(120KB)(Opens in new window);
- Consultation Statement(.pdf)(7MB)(Opens in new window);
- Basic Conditions Statement(.pdf)(585KB)(Opens in new window);
- Neighbourhood Plan Background Document(.pdf)(12MB)(Opens in new window);
- Great Northern Line Special Character Area Supporting Evidence(.pdf)(5MB)(Opens in new window);
- Historic Core Special Character Area Supporting Evidence(.pdf)(2MB)(Opens in new window);
- Strategic Environmental Assessment (SEA) and Habitats Regulations Assessment (HRA) Screening Options(.pdf)(1MB)(Opens in new window);
- Schedule of Changes to Text and Maps(.pdf)(252KB)(Opens in new window); and
- Schedule of Technical Changes(.pdf)(167KB)(Opens in new window).
Please let us know if you would like to be notified when a decision is taken by the Borough Council on whether or not to 'make' the plan (i.e. if it is adopted as Council Policy under Regulation 19).
If you require any further information or assistance in relation to the Neighbourhood Plan document, please do not hesitate to contact the Planning Policy Team on 0115 917 3452 / 3457 / 3015. You can also email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. A copy of the Planning Policy Privacy Notice is available on our website.
Independent Examination of the Awsworth Neighbourhood Plan (November 2020)
Broxtowe Borough Council has appointed Mr Christopher Collison BA(Hons) MBA MRTPI MIED MCMI IHBC to undertake the Independent Examination of the Awsworth Neighbourhood Plan and has published his initial letter from November 2020(.pdf)(208KB)(Opens in new window). Earlier this year, the Regulation 16 Consultation of the Awsworth Neighbourhood Plan was undertaken by Broxtowe Borough Council. A number of representations to the Regulation 16 Consultation were received by the Council(.pdf)(32MB)(Opens in new window).
Documents and correspondence relating to the Independent Examination will be uploaded below.
- 16 December 2020 – Awsworth Parish Council letter to Broxtowe Borough Council and the Independent Examiner(.pdf)(84KB)(Opens in new window)
- 16 December 2020 – Awsworth Parish Council comments on the Regulation 16 Consultation responses(.pdf)(541KB)(Opens in new window)
- 17 December 2020 – Independent Examiner’s Letter Seeking Clarification of Matters(.pdf)(195KB)(Opens in new window)
- 6 January 2021 – Broxtowe Borough Council and Awsworth Parish Council Joint Response to Independent Examiner
- 19 January 2021 – Awsworth Parish Council Fact Check Response
Jobs and Economy Committee, 25 March 2021, the following documents are listed below: