Household Support Fund
How can I get help?
You cannot apply to the fund yourself. Funds are limited and the Government has changed how councils are required to target them.
If you are a pensioner receiving pension credit or a household with children who are attending school within the Nottingham area and receiving free school meals the County Council will be contacting you directly regarding support.
The only other way to get help from this fund is to be referred to us from a professional who is already supporting you. If you are working with a professional they can contact us on 0115 917 7777 for advice on how to make an application on your behalf. The list below contains examples of organisations we would consider professionals:
- Food banks
- Adult Social Care
- Care Organisations
- Registered charities and voluntary organisations
- Children’s Services
Examples of those eligible for support could include those that fit into the following categories, but this is not an exhaustive list and people do not need to meet the below categories to be referred for support. It is vital that an individual’s circumstances and their need for immediate support are taken into account.
- have been identified as being in immediate need by a professional service
- in arrears with their utilities
- using or have been using a food bank
- are in receipt of Housing Benefit or Council Tax Support
- experiencing considerable in work poverty
- victims of domestic abuse
Households identified as not having received the Government's 2023/2024 Cost of Living payment and is receiving either:
- Housing Benefit
- Council Tax Reduction
- Household not in receipt of the Government’s 2023/2024 Cost of Living Payment, data to be provided by local authorities based on local intelligence.
- Care leavers up to the age of 25
- Young people with an Education Healthcare Plan aged 19-24 who are eligible for Free School Meals.
- 2-year old’s accessing a funded childcare place meals for children that attend schools/early years settings in the County
- Children in receipt of Early Years Pupil Premium for children that attend schools/early years settings in the County
More detailed information regarding the fund can be found on the Nottingham County Council website(Opens in a New Window).