Following a consultation process, councillors agreed the 2019/2020 Budget at a Full Council Meeting on 6th March 2019.
As part of the Council’s budget, it was agreed that there would be:
- No reduction in services to the public
- No increase in Council Tax for 2019/20
- No reduction in our grants to charitable organisations
- Resources set aside for important initiatives including mental health and exciting capital projects like the Beeston Square Development
- £250,000 worth of improvements to parks and open spaces as part of the Pride in Parks initiative.
The 2019/20 budget includes savings of £188,000 identified through the Business Strategy. This along with other initiatives implemented in recent years is addressing the reduction in revenue support grant which has fallen from £2.004m in 2015/16 to zero in 2019/20.