- Planning Applications & Advice
- Submit a Planning Application
- Find A Planning Application
- Planning Enforcement
- Building Regulations
- Dangerous Structures or Demolitions
- Street Naming & Numbering
- Conservation Areas
- Listed Buildings
- Planning Policy
- Development in Former Coal Mining Areas
- Planning Privacy Notice
- Payphone Removal
- Waste and Recycling
- Council Tax
- Advice, Help & Support
- Animal Welfare
- Benefits & Grants
- Births, Deaths & Marriages
- Climate Change
- Community & Living
- Crime, Safety & Emergencies
- Do It Online
- Elections & Voting
- Noise, Pollution and Pests
- Food Hygiene and Safety
- Leisure and Culture
- Litter and Street Cleansing
- Mediation Service
- Parks and Nature Conservation
- Roads, Parking & Travel
- Schools & Learning
- Town Centres in Broxtowe
Planning applications – changes to neighbour notification
Due to Coronavirus, the Council has changed the way we publicise planning applications in order to reduce the time our employees need to be in the office but still ensuring the public are aware of proposals near them. We are no longer notifying neighbours by letter about development proposals. Instead, every application is being publicised by way of at least one site notice. In addition, to ensure neighbours know about proposals next to them, we are requiring applicants to notify their adjoining neighbours (those who their property shares a boundary with - side and rear neighbours) and also if the proposal involves development to the front or side which is visible from the front, neighbours opposite the site.
Applicants are required to submit written confirmation that they have notified their neighbours of their proposed development as a validation requirement (including a list of addresses of those they have notified). Text, email, verbal (telephone call or 2m apart in person), posting a note directly or putting a letter in the post are all suggested ways that applicants can notify their neighbours about their planning application. Planning administration will be able to advise you which neighbours to notify once your application has been received.
We would encourage you to make any comments about planning applications using electronic methods either by email to firstname.lastname@example.org (please include the application reference number or site address) or using the comment facility on the website.
You can still keep up to date with planning applications submitted by checking the weekly list: http://planning.broxtowe.gov.uk/ApplicationSearch
The Planning team deals with planning applications for a range of developments from householder to major schemes, adverts, and listed building consent, as well as Street Naming and Numbering and Planning Policy. It also ensures that developments are controlled so that they contribute to the Council's overall objectives and the quality of life for its residents and business community. Please be aware that all stages of processing of applications and enquiries may be subject to delay due to remote working as a result of Coronavirus.
Building Regulations applications and payments are processed by Erewash Borough Council on behalf of Broxtowe Borough Council.
For more information visit Erewash Borough Council's Website (Opens in a New Window) or contact the Building Control Team on 0115 907 2221 or email email@example.com
Due to Coronavirus, the Council has changed the way the Duty Planner service operates as the Council Offices are closed to the public and officers are working remotely. The Duty Planner is available between 8.30am and 12.30pm, Monday to Friday (Tel: 0115 9177777 and ask to speak to the Duty Planner). Outside these hours, please email general enquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org and include ‘duty planner’ as the subject of your email including a brief description of your enquiry, the relevant address, your name and your telephone number. An officer will then telephone you, usually the next working day. If you require a written response to your enquiry, we offer an enquiry service for which a fee would be payable (see form in ‘Useful Information’ below).
For help with submitting your planning application, the Planning Administration team can assist, call 0115 917 3461.
Useful links for submitting an application/enquiry
- Planning Advice Request Form (.pdf) (130KB) (Opens in a New Window)
- Planning Fee Sheet (.pdf) (162KB) (Opens in a New Window)
- Submit a Planning Application
- Planning Application Forms
The following leaflets and links may also be helpful:
- View the Public Speaking at Planning Committee Leaflet (.pdf) (337KB) (Opens in a New Window)
- View the Code of Good Practice Leaflet (.pdf) (344KB) (Opens in a New Window)
- View the Working from Home Leaflet (.pdf) (352KB) (Opens in a New Window)
- View the Enforcing Planning Control Leaflet (.pdf) (324KB) (Opens in a New Window)
- View the 'Plain English' Guide to the Planning System Leaflet (.pdf) (331KB) (Opens in a New Window)
- Find out more about Green Infrastructure.
- Technical Guidance for Permitted Development Rights (Opens in a New Window)