COVID – 19 (Allotments)
As at 2nd April 2020 our allotments are still open. However, we ask that all tenants adhere to the practices listed below. We will update the notice if on advice from Central Government the situation changes.
- Keep 2-3 metres apart from each other. Do not work in groups of more than two.
- Visit the allotments at staggered times.
- Sanitise your hands before and after opening the allotment gates.
- Please adhere to government guidelines with regard to car travel. If you must drive to get to your plot, then please ensure it is for short and limited journeys. However, please walk to the plot if at all possible.
- Do not have a bonfire.
- Any plot holder who is self-isolating because a household member is ill with Coronavirus (COVID -19) must not visit the site
- Please ensure all communal facilities are closed
- Find out more advice and useful information visit - https://www.nsalg.org.uk/news/covid19-information/
For further information, contact Broxtowe Borough Council
If you are interested in joining the waiting list for a new plot please contact us.
Attenborough Lane, Chilwell
A very popular and small site with a low turnover of tenants.
Located off George Avenue, this large site is again popular and has an active Community Association. The water supply on this allotment is from a series of boreholes and hand pumps. On site car parking is available for plot holders.
Dennis Avenue, Beeston
A small site surrounded by housing.
Grove Avenue, Chilwell
A large and popular site with a strong Community Association. Located between Grove Avenue and Cator Lane. Car parking is available on the site for plot holders.
Trent Vale, Beeston
A medium sized site in Beeston Rylands on Trent Vale Road
In addition there are 3 sites at Inham Nook, Chilwell; Leyton Crescent, Beeston; and Wollaton Road, Beeston managed by Allotment Associations. For further information, please contact the Parks and Environment Team.
Effective 1st January 2020 per 250m2 Plot £34.00, water charge £20.00 per plot.
Half Price Concessionary Rates are available for those on State Pension or Disabled and Unemployed (proof is required).
A refundable deposit of £35 is required, which covers the site key (£10). This is refunded if the plot is returned in good condition together with the key.
Other Allotments in the Borough
The Parish and Town Councils of Brinsley, Eastwood, Greasley, Kimberley and Stapleford manage their own allotment sites. Please contact the relevant Parish or Town Councils for further information.