Riding Establishments

Persons or stables that hire out horses for riding or instruction must be licensed by Broxtowe Borough Council. If new animals are to be used, a variation must be applied for.

Apply Online

Eligibility Criteria

An applicant must not have been disqualified from having custody of animals or from holding a riding establishment licence.

Application Evaluation Process

An inspection of the establishment and animals used will be undertaken before a licence is issued. 

Your application will be processed within 3 months. 

If you do not receive the license, you will be not be able to trade.

Find out more about Fees

Find out more about Appeals and Complaints


View the Riding Establishments Act 1964. (Opens in a New Window)

Helpful Organisations

Privacy Notice

View the Council's Privacy Notice

Environmental Health
tel: 0115 917 3485