- Riding Establishments
Persons or stables that hire out horses for riding or instruction must be licensed by Broxtowe Borough Council. If new animals are to be used, a variation must be applied for.
Apply for a riding establishment licence (Opens in a New Window)
Application to change a riding establishment licence (Opens in a New Window)
An applicant must not have been disqualified from having custody of animals or from holding a riding establishment licence.
Application Evaluation Process
An inspection of the establishment and animals used will be undertaken before a licence is issued.
Your application will be processed within 3 months.
If you do not receive the license, you will be not be able to trade.
Find out more about Appeals and Complaints
View the Riding Establishments Act 1964. (Opens in a New Window)
- Association of British Riding Schools (Opens in a New Window)
- British Horse Society (Opens in a New Window)
- British Veterinary Association (Opens in a New Window)
- Chartered Institute of Environmental Health (Opens in a New Window)
- Royal College of Veterinary Surgeons (Opens in a New Window)