Independent Living Service
Interested in Independent Living?
Visit our Independent Living Schemes web page to find out more about the schemes we have available.
If you'd like to apply for an Independent Living Property, please complete an Homesearch application form. (Opens in a New Window)
For general enquiries on the application process please visit Homesearch FAQ's (Opens in a New Window)
What is Independent Living?
Broxtowe’s Independent Living Service offers comfortable and affordable housing, along with a lifeline which provides 24 hour a day access to an emergency response centre.
Moving in to one of our quality apartments gives you peace of mind with:
- A Lifeline calling system linked to a 24 hour response centre staffed by trained operators who are available seven days a week
- Regular activities brought to you by specialist Activities Coordinators
- A feeling of being safe and secure, without the burden of having to maintain a larger property on your own
- Personalised Independent Living Plan (I-Plans) which will enable Independent Living Coordinators to support you in maintaining your independence.
What’s it like to live in Broxtowe Independent Living?
We have a team of friendly, enthusiastic and professional staff on hand to help you maintain your independence. Everyone is different, so our Independent Living Plan is flexible and tailored to suit your needs. You’ll have a dedicated Independent Living Co-ordinator who will be in regular contact with you, as much or as little as you would like.
Independent living is all about helping residents to maintain their independence however, we are not able to help with;
- Providing personal care, for example washing and dressing
- Preparing meals
- Collecting shopping or prescriptions
- Handling your personal finances
- Providing health care and giving you medicines
Our apartment complexes have a real neighbourhood feel so no one ever feels like a stranger. There’s also a whole range of social activities you can get involved in. There’s no pressure though – you can participate as much or as little as you like.
We also see lots of friendships blossom and there are plenty of communal facilities where you meet up for a tea or coffee, enjoy your hobbies or make the most of the beautiful surroundings of our communal gardens.
Quality apartments in great locations
Our Independent Living apartments have been purpose built to meet the needs of older people, with a mixture of spacious apartments and bungalows grouped together in complexes to give them a neighbourhood feel.
For your support charge, you can benefit from:
- Private facilities - including kitchen, bathroom, living and separate bedroom area which can be decorated and furnished to your own personal taste
- Feeling safe and secure – each apartment or bungalow has an alarm so you can contact a 24 hour call centre for immediate assistance. All residents are also given a pendant to wear in their home which connects to the alarm service
- Home improvements – we regularly undertake improvements to kitchens and bathrooms, as well as in communal areas. We’ll take care of any repairs work
- A laundry room – communal laundry rooms with washing machines and drying facilities are available at many schemes
- Designated parking – available at some schemes
- Friends and family can also come and stay in one of our guest rooms for a small charge
- Pets – with permission.
There’s plenty to do nearby if you want to get out and about too.
As well as nearby towns of Beeston, Eastwood, Kimberley and Stapleford with a range of independent businesses, Nottingham and Derby City Centres are both easily accessible by car or public transport.
- Anyone over the age of 60
- Anyone with a degree of disability that makes their present home unsuitable and who would benefit from the support available in Independent Living accommodation. In the case of couples, only one person needs to meet the criteria.
The Housing Department invites you to join us at our Independent Living accommodation open days. You can find more information by visiting Opportunities Available page.
- Tuesday 4th October, 1.00pm - 3.00pm at Gutersloh Court, NG9 8QD (what3words - ///final.apply.ladder)
- Wednesday 12th October, 1.00pm - 3.00pm at Cloverlands Court, NG16 1JQ (what3words - ///locating.keyboards.form)
- Monday 17th October, 10.00am - 12.00pm at Templar Lodge, NG9 2JZ (what3words - ///vanish.jeeps.files)
- Wednesday 26th October, 10.00am- 12.00pm at Southfields Court, NG9 4GA (what3words - ///zebra.splice.cheeks)
NAPA Winners 2020
Our Independent Living Activities Co-ordinators: Nicky Gilmour and Lindsay Carter won the Service Improvement Award from NAPA (National Activity Providers Association).
The Service Improvement Award is to celebrate those who’ve demonstrated a proactive approach to improving individual wellbeing regularly, through meaningful activities that are person-centred and creating an environment where individuals are engaged, stimulated and fulfilled.