The Plan was developed following our Let’s Talk Broxtowe consultation during summer 2019.
A greener, safer, healthier Borough, where everyone prospers.
- Housing – a good quality home for everyone
- Business Growth – Invest in our towns and our people
- Environment – Protect the environment for the future
- Health – Support people to live well
- Community Safety – A safe place for everyone
The Council has a set of GREAT values to help us achieve this vision and priorities.
- Going the extra mile - a strong, caring focus on the needs of all communities
- Ready for change - innovation and readiness for change
- Employees - valuing employees and enabling the active involvement of everyone
- Always improving - continuous improvement and delivering value for money
- Transparent - integrity and professional competence
Find out how we're progressing the plan on our Performance page.
Read how we're taking on board your feedback in our Let's Talk Broxtowe - What You Told Us Document (pdf) (1.14MB) (Opens in a new window).
What you can do to help
- If you’re living in a house that’s too big for your needs think about renting out some room to someone who needs housing.
- If you’re a tenant, get involved in activities like estate walkabouts and resident involvement groups to help us improve the service for you and your neighbours.
- If you’re a developer to whom we’ve granted planning permission for housing, get on and deliver much needed housing for the community.
- Support your local town centre by using the shops and facilities there.
- Keep learning! The higher skilled you are the better your chance of securing higher paid work.
- If you’re a local business, provide opportunities for apprenticeship positions, training and work experience.
- Take steps to promote your own health and wellbeing.
- Be social. A healthy community is one where people volunteer and there are thriving local groups and societies in Broxtowe you can join.
- Be active. Get out and about and enjoy the good quality environment we have in our Borough.
- Reduce your use of plastic and use public transport where possible.
- Recycle as much as you can and put the right items in your recycling bin to avoid contamination of recyclable materials.
- Grow your own food, plant a tree or create a pond in your garden to encourage wildlife.
- Don’t be a bystander – if you see criminal activity report it to the Police, if you would prefer to report a crime anonymously contact Crimestoppers.
- Get to know your neighbours and look out for them, especially if they are elderly or vulnerable.
- Don’t mess with Broxtowe – clean up after your dog and don’t drop litter.