- Part 1 Local Plan: Core Strategy
Part 1 Local Plan: Core Strategy
The Council adopted the Part 1 Local Plan: Core Strategy (.pdf) (8.24MB) (Opens in a New Window) (Opens in a New Window) on 17th September 2014, following examination by an independent Inspector from the Planning Inspectorate. The document sets out the strategic policy direction for future development in Broxtowe Borough and also in Nottingham City and Gedling Borough.
The Core Strategy:
- provides a broad guide to development and growth in the Borough, setting out locations for major sites
- sets out key issues faced by the Borough to 2028
- co-ordinates policies, priorities and programmes together with the public resources to deliver them
Given its complexity, the Core Strategy has included several consultations and revisions. Please click on the links in the timeline below to take you to relevant documentation for each stage of the Core Strategy.
- June 2009 – Core Strategy Issues and Options Consultation
- April 2010 – Core Strategy Options for Consultation
- July 2011 – Housing Provision Paper and Amended Climate Change Policy Consultation
- June 2012 - Core Strategy publication version Consultation
- February 2013 - Strategic location for growth (Toton) Consultation
- June 2013 – Core Strategy submitted to the Secretary of State for Communities and Local Government for Public Examination
- October 2013 - February 2014 - Public Examination Hearings
- March 2014 - Main Modifications to the Core Strategy consultation
- July 2014 – Independent inspector’s Report received by Broxtowe Borough Council
- September 2014 – Core Strategy adopted by full council
- April 2015 - Legal Challenge against Core Strategy dismissed by the High Court.