FREE BULKY WASTE COLLECTIONS FOR BROXTOWE RESIDENTS
The Council is providing a free bulky waste collection service which will take place on the following dates:
- Monday 27th January to Friday 31st 2020
- Monday 3rd February to Friday 7th 2020
Lines open Monday 6th January from 8:30am.
If you have already used the free bulky waste week service in December, you will not be allocated a slot in this round of free bulky waste collections.
PLEASE NOTE: Lines will be open until all slots are filled.
How does it work?
To book a collection please call 0115 917 3851 lines open from 8:30am on Monday 6th January. The service is being provided on a first come first served basis. There is only limited capacity so once the rounds are full no further bookings will be taken.
You will not be given a specific collection day on booking your collection so please ensure that your bulky waste item(s) is placed outside for collection by 6.30am on your collection week.
We are not giving specific days so we can accommodate as many residents as possible and plan the routes for the week in the most efficient and environmentally friendly manner from the bookings received.
What can be collected?
The items that can be collected are the same as the normal bulky waste paid service. Please see examples in the table below titled, What Can Be Collected?
The following days will be allocated to the different waste types:
Residual items will be collected Monday to Thursday. This includes items such as Sofas, beds frames and mattresses. Please note that sheds are not part of the free collection service
Electrical items will only be collected on Friday. This includes items such as televisions, stereos, computers and white goods.
Please note that if you book a mixture of residual items and white metal items these will be collected on different days as shown above.
Terms and conditions of the free service
- Properties can only use the service once over all the 3 week periods. If a resident successfully books an item for the week commencing 16th December, we will not book other free bulky items for that property on any future weeks that are advertised.
- A property can book up to 3 items of bulky waste.
- If the lorry capacity is full and we have already agreed to take your bulky waste item(s), we will re-arrange the collection with a new date. You will not be charged if we have to reschedule the collection date.
- The regular paid bulky collection service will run during the week of the free bulky waste collection.
- Items must be outside the property for collection on collection day.
If you have already paid for a bulky waste collection, there is no refund for this service if the reason is to swap for the free bulky waste collection week.
|Can Collect - Examples||Don't Collect - Examples|
Electrical goods (fridges & freezers - clean and empty)
Building rubble and bricks
Bulky Waste Service
We provide a bulky waste collection service at a small cost.
How much does it cost?
- The service charge is £13 per order, plus £7 per item of waste collected. For example, if we collected 2 items from your property it would cost £13, plus £7 for each item so £27 in total.
How to book a collection
You can book and pay for a collection online using the Bulky Waste Online Form (Opens in a New Window). or call 0115 917 7777
Please note we will not help you prepare the item for collection and items must be accessible and put outside by 6.30 am on the allocated collection day.
For details on how we collect, store and retain your personal information please read our full privacy notice.
Terms & Conditions
- By accepting these terms and conditions you are confirming that you have the ownership of the items for disposal and will indemnify the Council against any third party claims made in respect of the items collected and disposed of.
- The service charge is non-refundable
- A cancellations must be made 2 working days prior to the collection date
- Requests for refunds must be made no later than 1 working day before the service is due to take place
- Items cannot be added or amended to the collection after payment has been received
- If a false declaration has been submitted the Council has a legal right to refuse collection and withhold any refunds until the details have been resolved
- The Council will only collect items that are listed on the confirmation order
- All items stated on the confirmation order/quote must be accessible by 6.30 am on the allocated collection day and at the location indicated
- The Council reserves the right to refuse to collect items which it considers may endanger the health and safety of operatives or which may damage the mechanism of the collection vehicle
Other ways to dispose of your bulky waste
There are other ways you could dispose of your bulky waste including:
- Donating items like furniture to a local charity
- Take suitable items to a Nottinghamshire County Council Household Waste Site (Opens in a New Window)
- Find out about how to dispose of hazardous or dangerous waste
- Find out about how to dispose of clinical waste.
If you remove the waste yourself, you have a legal responsibility to take reasonable steps to check that people removing waste from your premises are authorised to do so.
The fly-tipping of waste is a serious criminal offence which carries a fine of up to £50,000 (unlimited if indicted to the Crown Court) or an offender can even be imprisoned for a maximum of 5 years.
Reasonable steps to take are:
- Ask the waste carrier to provide you with their full address and telephone number.
- Ask to see their waste carrier licence issued by the Environment Agency or Natural Resources Wales.
- Contact the Environment Agency directly on 03708 506 506 and ask for a free instant Waste Carrier Validation Check, alternatively you can check online on the Environment Agency website (opens new window)