Stapleford Town Deal
It was announced in September 2019 that £3.6bn is being made available to regenerate over 100 towns across the UK. Stapleford has been chosen as one of the towns to receive funding. Each town is set to receive up to £25m worth of investment in a number of areas.
The Government published a prospectus in October 2019 setting out the three areas of regeneration, the Towns Fund will focus on:
- urban regeneration, planning and land use,
- skills and enterprise infrastructure and
More information on the Stapleford Town Deal
- How will Stapleford get a Town Deal?
- Proposed Projects
- Future milestones
- Town Deal Executive Board
- Town Deal Stakeholder Group
- The Town Deal area
How will we get Stapleford a Towns Deal?
The Council, as the governing authority, convened the Executive Town Deal Board in January 2020. This Board to date has been working towards the creation and submission of Stapleford’s Town Investment Plan (TIP). This plan will set out the vision, strategy and outline projects for Stapleford. Ultimately acting as a bid document to justify our funding request.
To offer wider discussion with interested parties, a Stakeholder Group has also been put in place. The role of this group so far has been to support the production of the TIP; feeding views, wants and needs for Stapleford in to the Executive board.
Alongside this we have consulted with local residents, businesses and other interested organisations as to their own ideas and the ideas generated by the two boards. This feedback has been processed and is reflected in the final TIP document. Due for submission by 29th January 2021, there will be further opportunities to feedback on individual project proposals after the TIP has been submitted to Government.
The current timeline for TIP submission and further work on each project.
Submit the TIP
29th January 2021
Sign-off from central Government
Work to commence on individual projects
Further to these milestones, the Town Deal Executive board have a work programme with multiple opportunities for the public to directly input in to individual project development, post TIP submission to government.
The Council have convened the Town Deal Executive Board in line with the Government published Towns Fund Prospectus. The inaugural meeting took place on Friday 10th January 2020.
Future meeting dates for 2021 are as follows:
- Friday 26th February
- Friday 9th April
- Friday 21st May
- Friday 2nd July
- Friday 13th August
- Friday 24th September
- Friday 5th November
- Friday 17th December
Meeting minutes and summary documents
- Friday 10th January 2020
- Friday 17th January 2020
- Friday 14th February 2020
- Friday 13th March 2020
- Friday 1st May 2020
- Friday 29th May 2020
- Friday 26th June 2020
- Friday 24th July 2020
- Wednesday 12th August 2020
- Friday 4th September 2020
- Friday 9th October 2020
- Friday 13th November 2020
- Friday 18th December 2020
- Agenda (pdf.) (207KB) (Opens in a new window)
- Minutes (pdf.) () (Opens in a new window)
Further supporting information
- Executive Board Composition (pdf.) (316KB) (Opens in a new window)
- Executive Board Member Profiles (pdf.) (560KB) (Opens in a new window)
- Executive Board Terms of Reference (pdf.) (124KB) (Opens in a new window)
- Code of Conduct (pdf.) (123KB) (Opens in a new window)
- Statement of Communication and Engagement (pdf.) (233KB) (Opens in a new window)
- Registers of Interest - these are available upon request via the contact details below
On the announcement of the Towns Fund, the Government used the 'Stapleford BUASD' boundary provided by the Office of National Statistics, to initially define Stapleford. This is the geographic area to be represented by the Stapleford Town Deal board, where investments detailed in the TIP will occur.
Click to view an interactive map of the Town Deal area. This map will see additional features added over the Town Deal process - Interactive Map (Opens New Window)