COVID-19 update July 2020
Textiles Collection Service has been temporarily suspended. If you have textiles ready for recycling, please can you store in a safe place until the collection service resumes.
Our textile collection service runs on the same day as your kerbside glass collection and can be found on your bin calendar.
- Please place clean, dry textiles into carrier bags or white bags and leave them next to your glass bag or bin on the day of collection.
- Squash the bag to remove trapped air and tie a knot to secure the contents.
- We cannot accept items in black bin bags.
What textiles can be recycled?
- Coats and jackets
- Pairs of shoes
- Bags and belts
- Trousers and jeans
- Sweatshirts, jumpers and tshirts
- Shirts and blouses
- Dresses and skirts
- Baby and children’s clothes
- Bed linen
Other ways to recycle textiles
We know that many of our residents recycle their textiles by donating them to local charities. If this is the case, please continue to do so.