- Beeston Article 4 Direction - Houses in Multiple Occupation (HMOs) SPD
- Planning Applications & Advice
- Submit a Planning Application
- Find A Planning Application
- Planning Enforcement
- Building Regulations
- Dangerous Structures or Demolitions
- Street Naming & Numbering
- Conservation Areas
- Listed Buildings
- Planning Policy
- Planning Privacy Notice
- Housing Delivery Plan
- Footpath Diversion Orders
Beeston Article 4 Direction - Houses in Multiple Occupation (HMOs) SPD
Adoption of the HMOs SPD
At the Council's Cabinet meeting on Tuesday 19th July 2022, it was resolved to adopt the HMOs SPD with the recommended changes that were put forward.
The document is now a material consideration for planning applications and will apply to the creation of new HMOs or the addition of rooms to existing HMOs within the Beeston Article 4 Area,
- Adoption Statement(.pdf)(104KB)(Opens in a New Window) (Opens in a New Window)
- Houses of Multiple Occupation - Supplementary Planning Document (SPD)(.pdf)(1.6MB)(Opens in New Window) (Opens in a New Window)
HMOs SPD - Consultation
The consultation ran between 11th April and 14th May 2022, and all responses received during this time were considered when finalising the document. The Consultation Notice can be viewed below:
- Consultation Notice(.pdf)(103KB)(Opens in New Window) (Opens in a New Window)
- Report of Representations(.pdf)(549KB)(Opens in New Window) (Opens in a New Window)
Beeston Article 4 Direction
The Council has recently made what is known as a ‘direction’ regarding Houses in Multiple Occupation (often referred to as HMOs or HIMOs) in parts of Beeston and Beeston Rylands.
The area concerned is shown on this map(.pdf)(373KB)(Opens in new window) (Opens in a New Window).
The Article 4 Direction came into force on 26th March 2022. Within the specified area, planning permission is now needed to change the use of a dwellinghouse to a HMO with 3-6 residents.
Consultation on the proposals took place between 15th January and 26th February 2021. Representations in response to the consultation were considered by the Jobs & Economy Committee meeting on 25th March 2021(.pdf)(171KB)(Opens in new window) (Opens in a New Window). The Committee resolved to confirm the direction(.pdf)(1MB)(Opens in new window) (Opens in a New Window). There is an official notice(.pdf)(212KB)(Opens in new window) (Opens in a New Window) which confirms the direction.
Background information is included in the February 2020 committee report(.pdf)(3.5MB)(Opens in new window) (Opens in a New Window) and in the report of consultants Iceni(.pdf)(555KB)(Opens in new window) (Opens in a New Window) on student housing needs.
If you have any queries, please contact David Lawson (Team Leader, Planning Policy) on 0115 917 3452, email@example.com