Support for businesses
- Reopening of businesses
- Support schemes
- Apply for grants
- Guidance and advice
- Staying up to date
- Further information
More information and guidance about the re-opening of businesses is available on our Open for Business page.
Government Support Schemes website
A new website has been created to outline all of the support available to businesses to help through the Coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic.
Coronavirus Job Retention Scheme
Protection from eviction for commercial tenants
Grants for self-employed people
Information about the Government's Self Employment Income Support Scheme (Opens in a new window).
Government Grant scheme, aimed at SMEs to help them recover from the effects of the pandemic.
Payments between £1,000 and £5,000 to:
- Access to technology or new equipment in order to get back on track or diversify,
- Access to professional advice such as HR, legal or financial to aid business decision making and risk management.
The D2N2 Growth Hub is administering the scheme locally. Expressions of interest (EOI) can now be made to the Growth Hub, by completing a short form and providing some early business details.
D2N2 Business Support
D2N2 have created a dedicated support page where businesses can find further information about the support available.
Find out more on the D2N2 website (Opens in a new window).
Futures for Business
Are you a business looking for support through the Covid-19 crisis? Futures work with businesses in Nottinghamshire looking to manage, motivate and support their workforce.
Some of the support that Futures can offer to help support businesses includes:
- Recruitment support
- Candidate pool
- Redundancy support
- Apprenticeship delivery
- Training provision
- Sub-contractors and employment agencies
As we move into the recovery stages of COVID-19, the Government guidance has been updated and we want landlords and tenants to have the latest updates and answer a few questions that they may have. You can find all the latest guidance at www.broxtowe.gov.uk/hml
Doctors of the World are providing regular updates of translated guidance based on the NHS and the UK government’s advice and health information. The information is translated with the support of British Red Cross, Migrant Help, Clear Voice, and the Eastern European Resource Centre and is aimed at the migrant and asylum-seeking communities in the UK.
- View translations from Doctors of the World (Opens in a new window)
- View translations from the Health Service Executive (Opens in a new window)
- Easy read information on Coronavirus (Opens in a new window)
- Coronavirus information in BSL (Opens in a new window)
Staying up to date
The easiest way to stay up to date with the Council's updates is:
- By checking this webpage
- Following us on social media at www.facebook.com/BroxtoweBoroughCouncil (Opens in a new window) or @broxtowebc on Twitter
- Signing up to our Latest News Email Me Service at www.broxtowe.gov.uk/emailme (Opens in a new window)