- Broxtowe Part 2 Local Plan Examination
- Site Allocations: Issues and Options
- Preferred Approach To Site Allocations : Green Belt
- Development Management Policies: Issues & Options
- Strategic Location Consultation: Toton
- Site Allocations: Potential Additional Sites
- Alternative site consultation: Brinsley
- Publication Version
- Evidence Library
- Submission Version
- Part 2 Local Plan Examination
Broxtowe Part 2 Local Plan Examination
Information on the examination is provided on this page or by following the links below:
- Latest News
- Examination Library Part 1 (Documents up to August 2018 including Submission Documents)
- Examination Library Part 2 (Post submission documents including the Inspector's Matters, Issues and Questions (MIQs) and position statements)
The Secretary of State has appointed Helen Hockenhull BA(Hons) B.PI MRTPI to undertake the independent examination into whether the Broxtowe Part 2 Local Plan is sound and complies with all the legal requirements. The criteria for soundness are whether the Plan’s policies are positively prepared, justified, effective and consistent with national policy.
Lisa Snow has been appointed as the Programme Officer for the examination and will deal with all procedural, administrative and programming matters. She is independent from the Council and reports directly to the Inspector. All correspondence or queries relating to the examination should be directed to the Programme Officer.
c/o Broxtowe Borough Council
Telephone: 07548153624 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
The Inspector will conduct a series of public hearings as part of the examination process. Further details will be added to this page in due course.
The Examination Library (Part 1 and Part 2) contains a list of documents submitted for examination and background documents that have informed the production of the Local Plan Publication Draft (September 2016) version. It also contains documents relating to the examination, and will be updated as the examination progresses.
The consultation on the Part 2 Local Plan Publication Version (September 2017) ran for a period of 6 weeks from Monday 18 September to Friday 3 November. Representations received during this period are being sent to the Inspector as part of the evidence base for submission. The Part 2 Local Plan was submitted to the Planning Inspectorate on 3rd August 2018.
The Examination process
If you wish to find out in more detail how the examination will be carried out the Planning Inspectorate has produced a useful guide.